Saturday, August 1, 2009

At the Rink


(click image to enlarge)

I shot this image on an ice-skating trip for a friend's birthday. I decided I was better off on the sidelines behind the lens rather than clinging to the edge of the rink. My friend had paused for a moment and I liked what I saw, contrasting his silhouette against the brighter, reflective rink. There is something almost sinister about this image.

~~~

The following images I shot on the same night. I was exploring movement and I like how they turned out, freezing the figures (in a very low, crappy lighting situation) against the 'moving' ice rink. Please click on the images to enlarge them!




~~~

(click image to enlarge)

As for this image, there is a stillness about it that draws me in.
I was just watching the skaters drift around the rink, waiting for a shot to present itself when this scene unfolded, it may not be the most perfect of photos, but I enjoy it, somehow that is what I like about it. The couple; the friends; the lone skater, they are all there, frozen in time, heading away from the camera. Read into it however you like =)

2 comments:

  1. I love the top photo - it's pretty well amazing.

    Yes, you are awesome. Brilliant photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thankyou! (^-^)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please - no nasties.