Friday, September 30, 2011

Rainy Spring Afternoon


On my way to work one afternoon after making a dash to my car in the rain, I was fiddling around with my gear on the passenger seat beside me when I glimpsed up out of my windscreen and saw the most gorgeous rainbow in front of me. I made a frantic reach for my camera (all snugly zipped up in its case) and by the time I had it out, the rainbow had gone. It made me pause, slightly hopeful that the rainbow would reappear, I looked around and realised how beautiful this rainy afternoon was.
I didn't catch a rainbow that afternoon, but I did catch a subtle beauty that comes with a drizzly Spring afternoon.
Sometimes you get so caught up in life - (must get to work on time!) - that you forget to pause, just for a moment, and look around; breathe in and remember how lucky you are.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please - no nasties.