Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Travels: Seville


Seville is a beautiful city.
I spent a lot of time weaving through the streets and alleyways of the city, and when I entered this tunnel I heard beauty before I saw it. The music he was playing was gorgeous, I could've stayed to listen for a very long time. Then when I saw the scene itself I was even more taken aback - the light was gorgeous!


A park in Seville


Siesta time.

I really love this photo, it makes me giggle.
To me, siesta time was simply an annoyance; a large portion in the middle of the day set aside for everything to close and everyone to go home (I'm travelling, I want to see things, I want to do things!) Cities became desert towns with nothing to do, until the clock sounded and people emerged from all kinds of places. Sometimes I wondered just what the Spanish did with their day, they always seemed to be having a siesta of sorts.

Anyway, while wandering and waiting for the local markets in Seville to re-open after siesta so that we could continue the browsing the we had started beforehand, we came across this monument, and its siesta-taking visitors. When someone says 'siesta', this is what I picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please - no nasties.